Who can benefit from doggy daycare?
Other than those who must leave their dogs for long periods of time, others who will find doggy daycare valuable are:
- Apartment/Condominium dwellers whose pets bark when the owners are away; upsetting landlords and fellow residents.
- Owners of active dogs that need to burn off excess energy.
- Owners who need to have the dog out of the house while work is done on the home.
- New mothers who can't devote the time and attention to the dog now that the baby is here.
- Dogs who need socialization and interaction with other dogs.
How does Wooftown's boarding and daycare differ from other places nearby?
- We are not a kennel, your dog will never see the inside of a cage, crate or even any chain link fencing!
- We are not a franchise. We are a local owned and operated doggy daycare directly contributing to the Rochester economy!
- Our boarding is ALL INCLUSIVE. Which means you do not pay extra for playtime, treats or one on one attention. Daycare is included in the boarding price!
- We have an outdoor fenced area with real grass for the dogs to roll in!
- We have webcams to give you peace of mind while your away.
- We have couches for the dogs to relax on during the day and overnight.
- We allow dogs to play with toys, balls, kongs and ropes, and have gym equipment for them to jump on
- MOST IMPORTANTLY- WE KEEP OUR NUMBERS LOW-Some daycares or kennels can have anywhere from 40-80 dogs at a time, all the dogs are crammed in and your dog can become just a number in the sea of dogs. At Wooftown we typically have between 10-30 dogs at a time for daycare, so that we can properly monitor and supervise play.
- We have the same staff members on a daily basis that gets to know you and your dog personally.
- We have a pet sitter on staff.
- We offer a pet taxi service.
- We love dogs! and are actively involved in community adoption events and rescues. You can even find a foster dog or two at Wooftown on a daily basis.
- We are honest! If your dog isn't right for our daycare we will tell you!
- We get vet recommendations! Several vets and their staff in the area recommend and use Wooftown for daycare and boarding.
WOOFTOWN OFFERS A MULTIPLE DOG FAMILY DISCOUNT
TWO Dogs staying in the same room = $56/night!!
Relatively new to the dog scene, dog daycare has quickly emerged as a needed service for dogs and their owners. Many busy owners don't have the time to exercise and socialize their dogs. Our spacious indoor/outdoor cage free facilities are designed to give your dog a safe, friendly environment where he can have fun while benefiting from being part of a "pack". The day is structured to include
organized games that exercise both mind and body
rest periods for when a break is needed
Owners often notice a positive change in their dog's behavior after attending daycare. Much like children learn in kindergarten, your dog will learn that he can wait his turn, be polite, and that it's okay to be away from Mom and Dad. If you want to see for yourself what your dog is up to during the day, click on webcams.
Ten Commandments for Pet Owners
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me. Do not break my spirit with your temper, though I will always forgive you. Your patience will teach me more effectively.
3. Please have me spayed or neutered.
4. Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for your kindness than mine.
5. Speak to me often. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me. Your voice is the sweetest sound I ever hear, as you must know by my enthusiasm whenever I hear your footsteps.
6. Take me in when it's cold and wet. I'm a domestic animal and am no longer accustomed to the bitter elements. I ask for little more than your gentle hands petting me. Keep my bowl filled with water. Feed me good food so that I may stay well to romp and play and do your bidding. By your side, I stand ready, willing and able to share my life with you, for that is what I live for. I'll never forget how well you've treated me.
7. Don't hit me. Remember, I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old. For you will grow old, too.
10. When I am old, or when I no longer enjoy good health, please do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having fun. Just see to it that my trusting life is taken gently. And be with me on that difficult journey when it's time to say goodbye. Never say "I just can't bear to watch". Everything is easier for me when you are there. I will leave this earth knowing with my last breath that my fate was always safest in your hands. I love you.